Thursday, July 14, 2011

Amore's Signature StretchFit Class

Posted by Royalette at 3:50 PM

Advertorial:

I used to work out regularly, going to the gym to lift weights and also classes such as Kickboxing and Pilates at least twice a week. But ever since school started, I hardly ever get enough sleep, let alone have the time to exercise.

So after hectic weeks of having school, assignments and projects, I've finally managed to squeeze in the time to attend a fitness class at Amore Fitness.

After work ended, I headed to my favourite outlet at City Square Mall to attend a class.

For the benefit of those who have not been to Amore before, when you first arrive at the outlet, you would need to drop your membership card into either the class or gym box, at the counter (depending on which you are attending). Fresh towels are available at the counter.

Since I haven't been exercising regularly, I decided to attend a more slow paced class such as Stretchfit, which is one of Amore's signature classes. Stretchfit fuses unique multi-regional stretching exercises and regular breathing techniques to develop a serene mind, a flexible and strong body. Achieve a better range of motion for daily activities, improving coordination and strength, creating a sense of balance.

I know what you guys are thinking.. Huh? A stretching class?! So boring and useless! But I beg to differ!

Although stretching is the most basic form of exercise, it actually helps to reduce muscle tension, increase range of movements in your joints, and improves blood circulation to various parts of the body, which in turns, causes an increase in energy levels!

While waiting for the class to begin..

Before the class starts, the instructor would usually ask around to check if there are any newcomers (unless the class is specifically an intermediate class). This is to allow the instructor to keep an eye on you and ensure your safety, preventing any unnecessary injury throughout the class.

If you are a newcomer, it is very important to remember that safety comes first. Always remember that everyone has their own limitations and if you do not feel comfortable with any movement or positions, do not attempt them and risk injuring yourself.

Moving on! Like all other classes, it would begin with a warm up. Some breathing and light stretching..











I went into the class thinking, "It's just stretching, nothing I can't handle!" Boy was I wrong.

I did face some difficulties in class, since I have a lower back problem and really tense muscles, which makes it hard for me to stretch. But as always, I pressed on without admitting defeat!















Ahem.. Can you see my muscles? *raises shifty eyebrows*






I am utterly embarrassed that this is my best plank position *facepalm*


And.. I can only hold it there for 2 seconds because I was afraid of injuring my lower back!





20 minutes into the class and I was already begging for it to end!











Aching arms!! :p
















Working on our abs! :D






















This picture is priceless I swear. Check out my expression! I couldn't stretch in the same way that was demonstrated because my muscles are too tight and not flexible!



I pulled my lower back muscle here.. Which left me lying there for quite awhile.. But I managed to stretch the pain away! :)








Just before the class ends, the instructor will take about 5-10 minutes to lead everyone in a cool down session.

With the hottie instructor, Claudia! She was very encouraging throughout the class and gave alternative moves for the newbies and those who were confident on taking it to a level higher.

It is very important to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle because not only does it improve your overall quality of life and well being, exercising helps you to sleep better at night. You would not only look, but feel better!

I always stress that looking your best, comes with hard work! There is always no easy way out. If you are fat, it is solely your fault because you are lazy and I will have no pity for you! Complaining does not help you lose weight okay?

As I've mentioned earlier, everyone is different and have very different capabilities and limitations. At the same time, you need to look at your fitness goals and objectives. Thus, I would advise that you find the right combination of exercises that works best for you!

0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos