Thursday, April 7, 2011

Purus O2 Derma-Lift Light Radiance Treatment

Posted by Royalette at 3:58 PM

Advertorial :

As I've mentioned in my previous facial entry, my complexion has more or less healed and my main problem with my complexion at the moment is to treat the scarring. Based on my research, I could either do a chemical peel, get a subcision or do an IPL treatment.

I've always wanted to try doing a Light Radiance Treatment and Amore was very kind to have sponsored me with 2 Purus O2 Derma-Lift Light Radiance Treatments!

The Purus O2 Derma-Lift Light Radiance treatment combines the renowned light technology and O2 advanced technology, which is an award winner in Japan for 2 consecutive years. Basically what the treatment does is, it speeds up skin regeneration, recovery and balances moisture level and oil sebum. It allows the skin cell to absorb a high percentage of the natural ingredients to stimulate the production of skin cells renewal while it helps to increase the oxygenation level and stimulate the production of collagen to redefine the skins' structure.

About 2 weeks ago, I headed to Amore Fitness Boutique Spa at City Square Mall for my first O2 Derma-Lift Light Radiance treatment!

I love going to Amore because it is my form of escapism and relaxation. I like the rustic feel and the scent of aromatic oils in the air. It gives you the impression and feeling of being in a resort spa, far away from the hectic lifestyle and buzz of living in Singapore! I especially love going to the outlet at City Square Mall, because it is located away from the buzzing city.

When you first arrive for your appointment, you would be required to fill in a quick questionaire before taking you into the changing room.

Here, they provide you with a sarong, robe and slippers to change into. After which, you may keep your belongings in the lockers provided.

The therapist will then lead you to the treatment room! :)


After nicely tucking you under the warm covers, the therapist will begin the session with aromatic oils. After rubbing the aromatic oil in between her hands, she would then place her palms over your face for you to breathe in and relax, before going on to massage your head.

After which, the cleansing begins! The therapist will do a double cleansing, to remove all trace of make up and dirt before starting the facial treatment.

I was a little apprehensive because I've heard that any treatments involving the light technology does tend to hurt a little. Someone once said that treatments involving the light technology feels like rubber bands snapping on your face! Fear factor + 5 But, I've always believed that beauty is nothing without pain! FIGHTING! :D

Now, the O2 Derma-Lift Light Radiance treatment is different from the other treatments that I've tried out at Amore. For this treatment, there is no steaming and extraction process.

Instead, the therapist will apply a coat of cold gel onto your face. As it was my first time, the therapist had applied the cold gel to only half my face first.

She then covered my eyes, before starting up the machine! Honestly though, the machine sounded as though it was calling out for storms and typhoons O.O Fear factor + 5

So.. She started out with the first shot! Which startled me and made me twitch a little :/ But, it was bearable!



In fact, not much pain actually! It feels like a needle prick or like, mini electric shocks. On more sensitive areas like around my hairline and forehead, it was slightly more painful.

But honestly speaking, in comparison to the pains from extractions on my previous treatments, this really didn't hurt as bad!

The therapist mentioned that for an average person, it would take about 30 shots for each side of the face.

After she had completed the treatment on half of my face, she went on to the other side!


Upon the completion of shots on my entire face, the gel was then removed.

She goes on to apply the mask for this treatment, which bites or causes the face to itch a little! I usually like this part because I subconsciously convince myself that the biting feeling is eating up all the impurities and dead skin on my face! ^^V


While waiting for the mask to dry and while I drift in and out of sleep, the therapist goes on to give me a nice and relaxing shoulder massage! Now if you're a noob to massages, it can hurt quite a bit. But it's really damn relaxing!

After about 20 minutes, it's time to remove the mask! A foamy, mousse is applied over the mask, to ease the removal process. I like this part because you can feel the mousse bubbling on your face and it can be quite ticklish!

After which, she cleanses my face again to ensure that everything is removed!

And tadah! The end of the treatment! :(

I don't if you guys can tell though, my complexion looks alot brighter and whiter! In fact, it's not even dull! Although Val did mentioned that all I'd have to do now is IPL my eyebags, to remove the prominent darkness under my eyes -_-"

After the treatment, it's back to the changing room! They have a dresser there with supplies like tissue, comb, hair dryer etc, in case you need to doll yourself up! I usually don't bother at all because it is not recommended that you pile on anything after a facial, to give your skin some time to breathe and recover!

All done and satisfied as I usually am! :)

After changing up, the consultants would then serve you with dessert and tea, while sharing with you their latest available promotions.

Aside from a brighter and lighter complexion, I have not seen much differences in my complexion yet. I believe that the key to healthy skin is maintainence. Just like my previous treatments, results are not obtained over night, but over a course of time.

I am excited for my next treatment, but before that, I will be blogging about my experience attending a signature class at Amore Fitness! More about that soon! Do look out for it!

In the mean time, if you have any questions, do feel free to drop a tag, twitter or email me! I will try my best to answer them from my personal point of view, based on my own experiences and research! Of course, it would be best to consult experts for the best advise! :)

0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos