Friday, February 15, 2013

Waterfront Skating

Posted by Royalette at 4:45 PM
For about more than half a year now, my brother has been organizing weekly skating/cycling session (although we've been slacking off a few weeks now) among our closest friends to encourage healthy living.

It's been too long since our last distance skating session, so we seized the opportunity when we had an extremely long break from work over the Chinese New Year holidays.

There wasn't much response from the invites, so we were really surprised that there were a total of 11 + 1 in attendance!

Previously we've skated through East Coast Park and even Changi Beach (where we skated a distance of 8km). This time, we decided to skate through Promenade Lawn, after discovering it a while back. The view was nothing short of amazing and the weather was perfect, for awhile that is.

My older brother and I were really excited, because my second brother, his wife and daughter had mentioned that they were keen to join us for awhile now and it was finally happening! Mel's (my other sister-in-law) cousin and his family were joining us too! Alongside the usual Madhu and Henry, the rare face Mr Tan also showed up bright and early that morning!

Voila~ This is us in front of the wonderful citiscapes of Singapore!



And with my wonderful brothers, sister-in-laws and most adorable niece ever!


Mel's cousin and daughter were still in the learning stages of blading, and my sister-in-law, Zizi was still trying to get used to my recreational skates, while Henry lost a wheel and my second brother was all about going straight, as fast as he could.

And unfortunately, while we were waiting for everyone to gather at the Marina Barrage bridge, the storm clouds crept up on us, forcing us to head back. While scrambling our way back to the cars, it started pouring and so for the first time in a really long time, I was forced to play in the rain. Every time I get caught in the rain, I get sick almost instantly (like less than half an hour later), but I really didn't have a choice this time.

Since we could not continue skating, we headed to Kallang Leisure Park for lunch at Thai Express!


Thank you Fuh Yong, for the lunch treat! :)

While we lingered around for awhile, both families had to leave which only meant, bowling! We've been bowling so often now, that it's actually starting to get a little tiring :/

After our game, it was still a little too early to call it a day, so we ended up in East Coast Park for a short skate before heading home!

It was truly a wonderful experience, sharing the beauty of the surroundings with loved ones and most of all, enjoying ourselves with our healthy activities. I really can't wait for the next round of bonding, but I'm pretty sure those days are soon to come!


0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos