Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chinese New Year Day 2

Posted by Royalette at 9:59 PM
Before we know it, a year passes by and it's Chinese New Year all over again. Every year, I dread Chinese New Year the most because I'm always left with nothing to do, while my friends are all busy with visiting.

The first day was pretty chill out for me, hanging with the boys in Starbucks.

As per our tradition, the bestfriend had an open house on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year, so I went over to visit her family! Had a chance to meet up with old faces, like Sam and Pris!


Headed over to Tom & Karan's house after, with my brother, sister-in-law and Henry! Although I kinda crashed the visit, they were very welcoming and made me feel at home, so I could not have been more thankful!

They had a really gorgeous home with an actual pool table for their dining table! A little bit more about that later on.

Once everyone had arrived, Karan and her friend began with the yu sheng! As you can tell from my facial expression, I was very excited to lou hei (actually it was the salmon that I was excitedly staring at)!


After tossing the yu sheng, we started buzzing around, helping to prepare the food for dinner! Remember the dining table that I talked about? It is a pool table that is designed with hydraulics that could increase or decrease in height, depending on choice of use for the table!

This was all of us having our dinner on the pool table, which is reduced in height.


After dinner and a few rounds of drinks, we started on a game of pool! Since there was about 6 of us that were playing, out of thirty, we had to subtract the number on a ball that we had all picked in random, and had to pocket the balls according to the remaining number. If you don't understand, well it can be quite complicated :/



After a few rounds of pool, we decided to play a few games of pictionary! We were all evenly split into two teams and by evenly, I mean those who could and couldn't draw! We enjoyed ourselves so much, we almost lost track of the time!


I thoroughly enjoyed myself and can't express how thankful I am for Tom & Karan to welcome us into their humble home. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Chinese New Year as well!

0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos