Monday, March 4, 2013

Jakarta City

Posted by Royalette at 1:01 AM

Exactly a month after my Malacca trip, I found myself travelling all over again and this time, to Jakarta! I had only booked my ticket the night before I was supposed to leave, so talk about impromptu!

Thursday was an absolutely hectic day for me because I was on leave, but I had an important meeting to attend. Wore my favourite dress from H&M and paired it with my strapped velvet wedges (which totally killed my legs btw).

Since my mum wasn't going to be sending me off, I dropped by her work place to say goodbye before making my way home to pack! 


I even managed to squeeze in time to have lunch with my Rod, (my bff) who has been complaining that I've been neglecting him amidst my crazy schedule!


My dad came over to my place to pick me up and practically hurried me out of the house because he insisted that I had to get to the airport asap! And like everyone else, he was questioning the size of my luggage and everything else that I had packed in! Ahem, just to be clear, it's not my fault that I have soooo many hair & facial products to pack okay! :(


Anyway, I was filled with excitement and fear because it was going to be my first time travelling alone! Most of my friends have travelled on their own at a young age, but you know, being the youngest and the only girl in the family, everyone knows how much of a microscopic watch I'm under with my mum :/ But of course, these days, I kinda like to say that I really am living my life to the fullest and making sure that nothing can compromise that.


Yes, I am wearing the same dress, except that I had it folded up! 

Day 1:
So the flight up to Jakarta was pretty okay. I fell asleep and the next thing I knew, I was already in Jakarta. Although there was a little confusion at the airport, I managed to figure my way around.

Took a cab to Plaza Senayan to meet my colleagues, who were at Union waiting for me! Although tired from the flight, I was amazed by team behind the bar! There were about 9 of them and they were all really meticulous and paid really close attention to the the concoction of each drink. What a show!


We made our way over to X2 after, to check out the place and also have a few drinks. But of course, we didn't stay till late, since we were all pretty worn out. And even though our hotel was a 5 minute walk away, we succumbed to our laziness and took a cab back. Especially since it was about $2 for the cab ride? A luxury we can't afford in Singapore for sure!

Day 2:
The next day, we all woke up really early to have breakfast at the hotel. And even though Dee and I were really tired from the lack of sleep, we went on a mission looking for indomie, but ended up exploring a really boring mall nearby. In the end, we ended up at Starbucks for my daily fix! :p


We headed back to the hotel just before it started to drizzle and met up with Kenneth for lunch! We were on a hunt for authentic nasi padang and ended up circling the roads of Jakarta for about an hour, before we actually found the restaurant that Kenneth was looking for -.-

I didn't exactly have the luxury of taking post-worthy pictures, but we had about 10 different dishes served to us! If you haven't been to Jakarta before, apparently the restaurants automatically serves you a range of dishes, whether you eat them or not!

After lunch, Dee and I decided to indulge in a massage! We even wanted to get our hair done, but we didn't exactly have much time on hand, so we settled for reflexology! I think it was probably the most painful reflexology that I've ever encountered, but the lazy told me to just bear with the pain and that it was probably because I walk a lot and I am very stressed -.- I think we paid about less than $10 for an hour?

We headed to eX Plaza and Plaza/Grand Indonesia (I don't know remember which one :/) after to shop a little. And on our way there, we encountered some crazy dude that yelled at me. Ironically though, I chucked my paranoia aside and just walked away bravely pretending that it didn't bother me, while Dee just went into a state of panic, lol.

And here's a really gorgeous picture of the atrium that looked like a mixture of a grand palace and runway...


We decided to head back by about 6pm since we had to head back to meet up with everyone for dinner, but ended up getting caught in the infamous Jakarta jam for about 45 minutes. For the people that complains about the jam in Singapore, try getting caught in a 45 minute jam (that happens everyday) when it would usually take about 10-15 minutes only.

Dinner was at about 8pm, so we ended up getting our pre-dinner fix of grilled scallops and sushi by the pool before we started getting ready for the party.
  
 

Met up with Adam and Sammy before making our way to Union for dinner! Armed with a trusty pair of flats, I was really ready to party!
 

So my colleagues and I finally gathered at Union for dinner, along with some of their friends from Indonesia! I don't exactly have pictures of everyone, since it was a really big group of us, but here's one with Dee and Sammy! ^^


Since it was really too early, we headed back to the hotel to change/freshen up/pack my luggage, before the driver came to pick us up and it was off to the High On Style Party at Equinox, X2!


The crowd had already started streaming in, but the club only started packing up at about 1am! I was extremely thankful to the team that hosted us in Jakarta because I partied really hard and enjoyed myself!

I'll just leave you guys with pictures from the party!


Awesome music as always, by Adam and Kenneth!


We called it a night at about 4AM (5AM) Singapore time, since most of our friends had left and we all had a really early flight the next day!

Although Dee and I almost missed our flight and it was a mere 2 days away from Singapore, I have to say that I really did enjoy myself and the company that I had!

Thank you Jakarta for an amazing time and I will see you soon! :)


0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos