Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas Performances in CHIJMES

Posted by Royalette at 2:25 AM
Recently, my brother had somehow managed to convince me to tag along on his drumming gigs. I first started helping him out at a drumming workshop, a performance in Downtown East and then a Christmas performance, 2 weeks leading up to Christmas.

We were supposed to help ring in the festive holiday and heighten the atmosphere, so we were dressed to the festivity! Lo and behold, I have transformed into an elfette! :X


I was rather nervous since I don't actually know much about drumming.. So they let me play this instrument (which I still don't know what it's called, but I just call them bells, lol)


Ahem, although it looks pretty harmless. By the end 3 sets, my arms were crying out loud. To think, I wasn't really playing it as fast as I should have been! :/


With the drum maestre, my brother and my sister-in-law! I'm really thankful to have these two in my life. They have been one of the major contributing factors to the change in me ♥

On our second performance, I've progressed to playing the tambourim! And I have to say, I'm really glad that these guys have been so accommodating and encouraging, even though I made a number of mistakes along the way. Thank you for the guidance and wonderful experience! :)


Since the performance ended, my brother and sister-in-law has been encouraging me to attend the Samba practice weekly, to practice my drumming skills and I am even learning how to play the Caixia now, albeit at an extremely slow rate!

I think I'm a lot better at performances now and am starting to understand the cues, although I still have much room for improvement!


0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos