Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcoming 2013

Posted by Royalette at 6:37 PM
Hello everyone! (Hopefully) I am finally back to blogging!

Let's start of with the change of url. I've been meaning to switch url for the longest time but never really got down to doing so because I wanted a change in layout together with the url, but somehow I was caught up with school, then a career move, everything else in between and the next thing I know, bam! We're already in 2013.

The alias dalilprincess does mean a lot to me and it carries most of my memories with it, but I guess at some point of time, everyone needs to move on and I guess, I finally felt like it was time for me to move on. I've had to turn down a number of offers since, because I've been really focusing on my career and at the same time, I didn't want to commit to something that I felt half heartedly about.

I wouldn't say that making a change in url means that it is no longer part of me, because deep down, that part of me still exists. But when I think about the person who I am today, I am a completely different person altogether. Friends (old and new) can attest to this.

In the past year, I've gone through the hardest tests of life which were more trying and painful in comparison to getting over the break up of my past relationship. Although I believe that at some point in time, reflecting and understanding the break up did contribute to one of the hardships, 2012 has certainly been a test of my perserverance and will to move forward.

The maturity that I found in myself has surprised many, including myself and I only have to thank the people around me for the constant encouragement, support and believe that they had in me. I've previously shared about my struggle with anxiety and depression, and I've really glad to exclaim how I've manage to overcome them and cope a lot better these days. No doubt there are some days where I question my strength, but I'm really glad to say that it's been more than a year since I've gone for counselling and went off my medications. And for those of you who are struggling with this problem, the first step to getting over it, is having the mindset and will to become better.

All that aside, I've finally gotten a new look for the blog, although I believe there is much tweaking to be done! The banner is actually an illustration (inspired by me when I was a child) by my brother, for a children's book that my sister-in-law had written, called "Fatimah and Her Magic Socks."

I am really looking forward to blogging more and here's wishing everyone, a wonderful and successful 2013 ahead! :)

Xoxo.

0 comments:

 

Chasing Winds & Bullet Dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos